Friday, January 23, 2009

Places to visit

Here are the places that I know of and/or have contacts for in MN, for when you start setting up studio tours. I'm not going to post specific emails on the blog, so just ask me for their names and emails when the time comes.

Target Corp.
I know a creative director in the interactive department at Target's headquarters and he said he would be happy to arrange a tour.

Catalyst
Robb knows one of the designers at this small interactive firm and they would be happy to arrange a tour

Duffy & Partners
renown branding firm and I can get you the contact name of one of the recent A5 judges that works there.

MCAD
I don't know anyone here, but you could directly contact one of the faculty for a co-crit.

The Design Institute
Belongs to the college of design at UofM and they do a lot of publications and public outreach in the twin cities.

Walker Art Center
I emailed about a tour at the Walker. Make note of the Lecture series on the 17th. Lisa also emailed me that it is vital to book this **SOON**, so they can reserve a conference room and get us on the schedule at the Walker.

Since scheduling was important I went ahead and reserved a tour at the Walker on Tuesday March 17th at 3pm. The gallery closes at 5. The Insight lecture (David Reinfurt, ORG / Dexter Sinister) starts at 7pm so we can plan to eat between. This means Tuesday afternoon & evening is fairly planned. The rest is up to you!!!

Andrew Blauvelt recommend the following studios for visits.
• Larsen
• Charles Spenser Anderson / Laurie DeMartino
• Werner Design Werks
• Aesthetic Apparatus
• Wink
• Knock
• Studio on Fire

Thanks Jamie, Tyler also recommend some of the above places as well as:
•Minnesota Center for Book Arts
IKEA!
You Work for Them
Process Type Foundry

9 comments:

  1. im going to throw in several that look sweet...duff & partners, aethetic apparatus, wink, Studio on Fire!!!!!!!!! (letterpress so sweet), ikea, you work for them, and process type foundry i would be ecstatic to go to any of those

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Wink
    2. Knock
    3. Studio on Fire
    4. Aesthetic Apparatus
    5. Duffy & Partners

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I like, Any and all.
    Aesthetic Apparatus
    Charles Spencer Anderson
    Wink
    Duffy
    You Work For Them OR Process Type Foundry

    ReplyDelete
  4. -Charles Spenser Anderson / Laurie DeMartino
    -Wink
    -Duffy & Partners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duffy & Partners
    Skwish
    PROCESS TYPE FOUNDRY
    I think it would be a good experience to see Target behind the scenes

    Charles Spencer Anderson, Aesthetic Apparatus, and Studio on Fire are all very much alike, however they all remind me of Hammer Press.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CSA
    Duffy
    Wink
    Aesthetic
    Process
    Studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. the internet hates Josh Lambert:

    Wink
    Studio on Fire!!!!
    Aesthetic Apparatus

    ReplyDelete